It's been said a thousand times: comparison is the thief of joy.
So we try not to compare and compete, but it's hard especially when we have access to people's lives more than ever. As I open Facebook and Instagram and scroll, I see family vacations, beautiful homes, trendy clothing, perfect marriages...And maybe I am in a season of a tight budget where vacations are rare, clothes are from three seasons ago and my marriage is being refined.
I can choose to compare and deepen my own self pity and selfishness or I can choose to be content. Remembering, that life goes in and out of seasons.
So how can be cultivate a heart that is content in all seasons of life?
- Turn off social media for a day, a week, a month...
- Invite people, who can be trusted with your heart, into your life - the good and bad.
- Celebrate and affirm others! Make a list of 5 people you can send a card to each week.
- Respond to grumbling with truth. Write it on your walls if you have to.
- Rehearse thankfulness and gratefulness. You won't have time to grumble and compare when you're singing praises for what you have.
There's nothing more I want for each one of you than a community of people cheering and supporting you! This month, let's cultivate hearts that our content and relationships that