A few months ago, when Zayda was not yet earth-side, my husband and I were working on putting her room together. I created inspiration boards here, here and here. The room needed to be done within a reasonable budget. As I decorate our home, I like to make sure my family's personality is being illuminated, that we are supporting handmade businesses as much as possible, and we try thrift/make pieces ourselves.
We wanted a darker paint color. This color you see here was the third try. Luckily, I was eight months pregnant and the sweet lady at the store gave me the final paint can for free. Bless her. I also spent a few weeks hunting down an ottoman, curtains and wire baskets for her room. I searched thrift stores like a mad man and it paid off - I found it all!
Enter her room.
(room details and sources at the end)
Sources + Room Details:
- Room color - Oasis Blue
- Crib sheets - Made myself, fabric from Joann's
- DIY hamper - tutorial here but it really just involves an embroidery hoop and some easy sewing
- Wire baskets from thrift stores
- Crib from IKEA - a friend kindly sold to us for $25
- Tulip and Poppy print from Haven by Rachael Hope
- Rise and Shine print from the wheatfield on Etsy
- Dancing Bear print from Sarah Jane Studios
- Animal paintings - DIY
- Dream Big canvas - DIY
- Embroidery hoop with butterfly fabric - DIY
- Clothed in Strength print from my shop -
- DIY ottoman - Wooden crate from thrift store that we turned into an ottoman that could store blankets