A few years back, my husband and I decided that every Christmas (and celebration) would include a card written to each other. I look forward to opening and reading the words Steve shares with each card he writes to me. It’s the greatest gift and we wanted to share the gift of a handwritten note with others.
On both sides of our family, we do a secret gift exchange. Steve shops for his two people and I shop for mine. We wrap them and put a card on top penned with words of affirmation, things we see in them and a prayer/hope for the new year. It’s a simple way to add even more intention and thought to their gift.
As much as I love receiving the gift of a card, I love writing them. Creating these simple, meaningful Christmas traditions slow us down and have us counting our blessings.
More tips for pretty, meaningful presents:
1. Write a card sharing words of affirmation, a hope or prayer for the new year or thanking them for their friendship. Download GWJ's free mini cards here.
2. Tie a keychain to the ribbon or wrap your favorite pencils.
3. Tie an ornament to the ribbon.
4. Wrap your gift in fabric (perfect for the crafter in your life).
5. Tape a photo to the gift. Find a photo of them with you and include a note on the back.
Find these ideas and more here.